Menu Plan Monday - Week of June 24th, 2012


Yumm....I love summer salads!  I mean really love.

My mom used to make these when I was a kid and I turned my nose up so high.  I mean, really, who makes a salad and puts tuna on it? Or salmon? Or chicken? 

Then about 3 years ago when we started growing lettuce in earnest I realized the wisdom of these things: dinner goes together in about 4 minutes, we get all kinds of goodies in one dish, no pots and pans to wash and we use up leftover meat!  A win-win all the way around!

I even put tuna on one and told my husband "I'm turning into my mother."  He said, "It's okay. I like your mother!" **GRIN** 

Anyway, we are now getting produce from our CSA and it is definitely spring/early summer in the upper-Midwest garden produce department!  So salads galore here!

Here's what we're eating this week:

Sunday, June 24th:
  Brunch:  Baked Eggs, Sausages, and Lemon-Raspberry Coffee Cake*
  Snack:  Caramel-Almond Popcorn*
  Dinner: Pork Chops, Roasted Potatoes, Salad, Fruit

Monday, June 25th:
   Breakfast: Leftover Coffee Cake
   Lunch: Hot for the Kiddos, Leftovers for Adults
   Snack: Yogurt
   Dinner:  Spicy Black Bean Burritos*, Fruit

Tuesday, June 26th:
   Breakfast: Fruit Pockets*
   Lunch: Hot for Kiddos, Leftovers for Adults
   Snack: Fruit Pockets
   Dinner:  BBQ Chicken Legs, Salad, Fruit

Wednesday, June 27th:
  Breakfast:  Smoothies, PB Toast
  Lunch: Hot for Kiddos, Leftovers for Adults
  Snack: Yogurt
  Dinner: Pot Luck at Church: Bring Fruit Salad

Thursday, June 28th:
  Breakfast: Oatmeal Muffins, Bananas
  Lunch: Hot for Kiddos, Leftovers for Adults
  Snack:  Fruit Pockets
  Dinner: Shrimp Stir Fry, Rice, Melon

Friday, June 29th:
   Breakfast: PB Toast,Strawberries
   Lunch: Hot for Kiddos, Leftovers for Adults
   Snack: Caramel-Almond Popcorn
   Dinner:  Homemade Pizza and Bread sticks, Salad

Saturday, June 30th:
   Breakfast: Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Fruit
   Lunch: Salad with Tuna
   Snack: Homemade Gingerbread Cutout Cookies
   Dinner: Grilled Salmon and Vegetables, Fruit
   At home Date Night Desert:  Rhubarb Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream

All of the *s mean that we're trying some new recipes this week!  The Fruit Pockets and Caramel-Almond Popcorn came from the kids' cookbook that Missy got for her birthday.  The Spicy Black Bean Burritos and Lemon-Raspberry Coffee Cake came from magazines.  The Coffee Cake is yummy and is a keeper!  We got fresh raspberries from our CSA and lemons were on sale, so it was a prefect time to try it!  I'm hoping the others are just as good!

What are you eating this week?  Check out I'm an Organizing Junkie! to share and be inspired!