Menu Plan Monday - Week of June 24th, 2012


Yumm....I love summer salads!  I mean really love.

My mom used to make these when I was a kid and I turned my nose up so high.  I mean, really, who makes a salad and puts tuna on it? Or salmon? Or chicken? 

Then about 3 years ago when we started growing lettuce in earnest I realized the wisdom of these things: dinner goes together in about 4 minutes, we get all kinds of goodies in one dish, no pots and pans to wash and we use up leftover meat!  A win-win all the way around!

I even put tuna on one and told my husband "I'm turning into my mother."  He said, "It's okay. I like your mother!" **GRIN** 

Anyway, we are now getting produce from our CSA and it is definitely spring/early summer in the upper-Midwest garden produce department!  So salads galore here!

Here's what we're eating this week:

Sunday, June 24th:
  Brunch:  Baked Eggs, Sausages, and Lemon-Raspberry Coffee Cake*
  Snack:  Caramel-Almond Popcorn*
  Dinner: Pork Chops, Roasted Potatoes, Salad, Fruit

Monday, June 25th:
   Breakfast: Leftover Coffee Cake
   Lunch: Hot for the Kiddos, Leftovers for Adults
   Snack: Yogurt
   Dinner:  Spicy Black Bean Burritos*, Fruit

Tuesday, June 26th:
   Breakfast: Fruit Pockets*
   Lunch: Hot for Kiddos, Leftovers for Adults
   Snack: Fruit Pockets
   Dinner:  BBQ Chicken Legs, Salad, Fruit

Wednesday, June 27th:
  Breakfast:  Smoothies, PB Toast
  Lunch: Hot for Kiddos, Leftovers for Adults
  Snack: Yogurt
  Dinner: Pot Luck at Church: Bring Fruit Salad

Thursday, June 28th:
  Breakfast: Oatmeal Muffins, Bananas
  Lunch: Hot for Kiddos, Leftovers for Adults
  Snack:  Fruit Pockets
  Dinner: Shrimp Stir Fry, Rice, Melon

Friday, June 29th:
   Breakfast: PB Toast,Strawberries
   Lunch: Hot for Kiddos, Leftovers for Adults
   Snack: Caramel-Almond Popcorn
   Dinner:  Homemade Pizza and Bread sticks, Salad

Saturday, June 30th:
   Breakfast: Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Fruit
   Lunch: Salad with Tuna
   Snack: Homemade Gingerbread Cutout Cookies
   Dinner: Grilled Salmon and Vegetables, Fruit
   At home Date Night Desert:  Rhubarb Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream

All of the *s mean that we're trying some new recipes this week!  The Fruit Pockets and Caramel-Almond Popcorn came from the kids' cookbook that Missy got for her birthday.  The Spicy Black Bean Burritos and Lemon-Raspberry Coffee Cake came from magazines.  The Coffee Cake is yummy and is a keeper!  We got fresh raspberries from our CSA and lemons were on sale, so it was a prefect time to try it!  I'm hoping the others are just as good!

What are you eating this week?  Check out I'm an Organizing Junkie! to share and be inspired!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020