These Are a Few of My Favorite Things - Spring!

A very fuzzy photo of my lilacs (and a pink air rocket!) from last spring!

It's hard for me to believe that spring is already here - almost a whole month (or more!) early compared to usual.  One year we had our church's annual Easter egg hunt in 4 1/2 feet of snow in April!  One year we had freezing rain on Mother's Day. 

All the perennial flowers are popping out of the ground.
My lilacs and my rhododendron are budding out.
The daffodils and tulips are up.
My chives are back up.
The grass is soft and green.

A bird "family" is making a nest in the bird house Buddy made at scouts (and he is so very excited about that!).
Another bird "family" has reclaimed the nest it had last year in the far eves of our house.

The sun is still up after my evening class (though just barely).
The kids run for the swing set in the backyard as soon as they get home.
The shoes get lost outside under the shrubs.

Yes, spring is really and truly here.

And I'm lovin' it.

It does make it hard to stay inside and get school and housework type things done, but I'll take it!  And reward myself for my "other" work that gets done with time getting my garden prepped and and the winter debris cleaned up. Or maybe playing with my children or pushing them on the swings.

Yes, Spring is truly one of my favorite things! 

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020