Healthy Habits in 2012 - Snack Attack

Snacking is the bane of my existence.

Or at least my battle to loose weight.

Meals I do fine with, snacking is what sets me back. A lot.

One of my goals for this year is to figure this monster out once and for all.

Some things I have come up with that fill me up, are relatively low in calories (around or under 200), and I think are yummy are:

* Sliced Apple dipped in 1 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
* A single-serving container of Greek Yogurt with 1 tbsp of homemade granola
* 2 Wasa Crackers spread with one wedge Laughing Cow Cheese
* An Orange and 3 Dark Chocolate Covered Pretzels
* A Single Serving Packet of Oat Revolution instant Oatmeal with Raisins Added
* 1/2 c Homemade Trail Mix and an Orange
* A Grapefruit with 8 Cinnamon Almonds
* A Homemade Breakfast "Cookie" (think the store-bought breakfast cookies here, only better!)
* Small 2% Chai Latte and 5 Dark Chocolate Covered Pretzels
* Three mini-scones (I love the Archer Farms Cranberry Orange Scones!)

Honestly, I hate the low-fat stuff - it doesn't fill me up so half an hour after I eat, my stomach is growling.  Talking with my registered dietitian, I don't necessarily have to cut out fat and I don't eat much refined sugar (I've actually had white sugar go rancid on me before I could use it!) so going low-sugar or sugar substitutes is not recommended for me, but I do need to watch my calorie intake.  I tend to eat way more than I should - like the trail mix. I'd eat the whole container in one sitting (15 servings!) if I am not paying attention.  Or I'll combine 2 or 3 or 4 of the things listed above and then feel sluggish because I now have too much food in my tummy for the time being.

What do you enjoy as a low-calorie, filling snack?  I'd love to add to my list!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020