Healthy Habits in 2012 - 2011 in Review

Well, it's a new year and that means it's time to sit back, take stock and set goals for this new year.

Or something like that!
In 2011, let's see:

* I got certified as a Jazzercise instructor.
* I lost about 10 lbs. (I gained about 5lbs somewhere along the process as I gained muscle mass, so I'm only down 5lbs from my original weight.)
* I gained enough muscle that I can do things like planks, balance on one leg for long time and the like - which I couldn't do before.
* Lost 5 inches off the widest part of my hips
* Lost 2 inches off my waist
* Lost 3 inches off 1" below my waist
* Lost 4 inches off each of my thighs! (Whoo hoo!)
* I've been working out at least 30 minutes each day of the week - mostly learning new routines and teaching classes.

It's been amazing and I'm seeing defined ab muscles (well on my way to a 6-pack here!) and better definition in my upper arms and thighs.  I'm also feeling  better, having fewer flare ups of my chronic infection (whoo hoo!), and sleep better.

In 2012 I hope to:

* Loose another roughly 10lbs - this would put in the "healthy" BMI range for the first time in probably 15 years and would basically get rid of all the "extra stuff" on my rear end - which I don't like!
* Be able to get through an entire routine that requires lifting my pelvis off the floor and not have both feet on the floor at the same time (not sure if that makes sense to anyone else.)
* Have 4 full and different sets in place for each month of classes - each set consists of 15-17 songs/routines.
* Receive a good evaluation when I get evaluated in May by the Jazzercise quality control people - this involves working on my cueing and my form in addition to learning new routines.

Starting in November 2011 I started using MyFitnessPal to track my food and exercise intake.  I'm loving it and it's been really helpful in getting reasonable estimate of how many calories I'm actually eating.  I've known for a long time that snacking is my downfall - my meal calories are well within my daily allotment, but the snacks seem to put me over.  I never thought I'd acutally enjoy recording everything that I eat each day but it's actually been fun and it's been very helpful in actually dropping that weight that I "couldn't" loose.

So, my goals for January are:

* Attend a movement workshop to work on my form (3 hours one Saturday AM).
* Find 4 healthy snacks that are easy to have on hand and actually fill me up.
* Have learned enough new songs for my 4 sets.
* Log into MyFitnessPal each day and enter my exercise and eating.

What are your fitness goals for 2011?  I'd love to hear!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020