Healthy Habits 2011 - Jazzercise Instructor Update!

I only have a few short weeks until I go through my "final" workshop as part of the Jazzercise Instructor certification process.  I'm a bit pumped, a bit scared, and just plain really excited about the whole thing.

The hardest part of this journey has been learning to do all the things I've been doing wrong right.

Yep, you read that right.

I had been doing several things wrong for years and just found out now.  In the last few weeks, I've been up on stage, behind the current instructor, practicing during class.  What I've noticed is that a lot of people are doing things wrong too - almost everyone in the room.

Can I offer some unsolicited advice to anyone doing aerobic exercise?  (If you don't want it, you can skip these next two paragraphs - you won't hurt my feelings.  Really.)

Good posture is really important and it will make your workout far more effective than if you don't have good posture.  Keep that tummy tucked in and that pelvis tucked under and those shoulders down and your workout will be that much better and that much more powerful.

Also, if you aren't sure that you're doing something right or if you just want to check if you are doing something right, try it at home in front of a  mirror or ask your instructor, trainer or another professional to watch you for a minute.  As the instructor for this morning's class said, you'll often say "Yikes! Do I really look like that?"  If you don't look like the professionals, try purposeful movements and adjusting your posture.

Just doing these two things have made a huge difference for me.  I work on the posture all the time and I've noticed I look slimmer and feel better and I don't get tired as easily either.

I'll let you know when I finally do get this certification.  I'm so excited!

What are you doing to stay healthy?  I'd love to hear!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020