Where, oh where, has the summer gone?
It seems like it just started yesterday and now we're in the middle of August. The kiddos head into first grade on the 30th of this month and we are in a whirlwind of activities between now and then. My mind continually races and I wish I wasn't so much like a magpie - jumping after the brightest thing in the room (in my case, the next thing on my to-do list) before I've even finished with what I have.
We've had 3 more trips to IKEA and 3 trips to Menards. We've had several get-togethers, a conference, a trip out of town, and I took last week off from work and school to get some much-needed things done in the house. My to-do list has barely shrunk because I have so many, many things partially done.
Today Crystal wrote out her goals for this week and I'm inclined to follow. Here are mine:
* Get the rooms upstairs finished - this involved painting, moving several things and re-arranging some furniture.
* Get the kids' toys sorted through.
* Spend 1 - 2 hours going through things from my pile of things that needs to be gone through
* Catch up the ironing
* Finish proposal
* Check in with my advisor
* Finish draft of one more chapter
* Finish both sets of lab re-writes
* Draft of course schedule for fall semester
* Lay out my grade book for fall semeseter
* Send in 3 sets of paperwork forms
* Write and mail one think you note
* Jazzercise 4 times
* Fill out paperwork for Sunday school (at 3 different churches!)
* Make appointments for hair cuts for the kids
* Make eye appointments for the kids
* Order new Jazzercise shoes
There are probably other things that I'm missing but those are "the biggies". What are you planning on doing this week?