Healthy Habits in 2010 - Being Between

I've officially lost enough inches now that I am between clothes sizes!  Whoo hoo!  I haven't actually measured yet because I don't want to be disappointed.  So I'm waiting to measure myself until I've reached that lower size.

The problem is, I have a few 'holes' in my wardrobe that really should be filled so I don't have things sitting around 'idle' in my closet.  Being between sizes means I have to decide if I buy big or small and what I do about that.

I had a fascinating conversation with a friend last week.  Her thought was to buy small and then work extra hard until they pants look great.    I'm not so sure about that. 

See, my pants don't fit around the thigh area.  I guess most people have things not fit around the waist, so they can hide an 'adjusted' waistband with a long top. I hate the thought of buying pants that are too tight in the thigh because I know I will not wear them. 

My solution?  Buy skirts!
I love skirts anyway and there are some lovely ones available out there right now.  However, I really don't need any more skirts - I have plenty.  In just about every color of the rainbow too.  I really don't need any new ones right now.

So my second solution?  Wait.

As much as I'd love to have a couple of new pairs of pants right now (and as much as I need to replace a pair or two that are not looking so hot right now!), I would rather wait until I'm actually in a size that fits and looks good.  My goal is to have that size be a size down rather than a size up! :)

Waiting for me is frustrating.

It always has been.

I'm an "I-want-it-nooooow!" kinda girl. 

As the Lord continues to refine me, making me wait for my ideal weight is just one of those things.  And waiting for those new, better looking clothes to go with it is another.

So I wait.

And I continue to work on my exercise amount and my dietary intake.

It's all good.  And I can wait.

What more can I ask for?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020