Super Savings Saturday - Garage Sale Gold!

I have always believed Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam that garage sale bargains on clothes can be found - really, really good ones too.

However....

Around here garage sales typically run Thursday and Friday, which means I don't get to go scoop them out, since I'm usually at work. I've gone to a few on Saturday than ran Thursday through Saturday and found that going to 10 garage sales to find one pair of overpriced boots for my son's big feet was not worth the time and energy. Yes, there are screaming deals to be had on Saturday, but not on anything we typically need (and many times even want!).

BUT....

Yesterday, I did manage to stop at a mega-sale that was held at a church around the corner from our house and I found these two beauties (sorry about the crummy quality - my tiny bedroom light fixture doesn't quite cut it with my average camera):


Skirt #1: Talbots Brand, lined wool, ankle-length wrap skirt with leather side buckle. Retail Price: Between $150 and $200 (maybe more). I actually considered buying this skirt when it was on clearance sale for about $50. I didn't. Now I'm really glad! Size 12.


Skirt #2: Name Brand (I can't remember which off the top of my head), Silk, 6-panel gore skirt. Mid-calf length. Retail price: Over $100? Also Size 12.

I love, love, love Talbots - they're my favorite store! Their clothes are high quality, I can walk in pull something off the rack or order from the catalog and know it will fit me and look nice. But, I only shop their sales because their clothes are way expensive. I usually hit the "Additional 50% off all sale items" and I have snagged some bargains - $32 for a $180 wool crape dress, an $8 silk dress that retails for around $210, a wrinkle resistant cotton blouse for $6.95 (retail $78).

I have yet to beat the price I paid for these two skirts here!

Price each: $1.50

Yep, you did read that right.

I had been praying about how I needed a black skirt or two in my wardrobe. I don't have any at the moment (in any length) and was debating whether to buy a lovely one I found online for $40.

No need to buy the on-line one now! :)

Additional perk? These are size 12. I've been in size 14 for a while. Talk about an ego boost!

For more Super Savings Saturday check out Money Saving Mom.

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020