Super Savings Saturday - $20 Budget


We're still eating from the pantry and our grocery list is getting shorter this month - whoo hoo! Love that! My list had the following on it before I sat down with the sale flier this morning to make out my list: milk, fruit, butter, lemonade mix, baking powder and wheat flour. The lemonade mix and wheat flour are optional unless there's a sale, so really it just had milk, fruit, butter, and baking powder.
Fruit on sale this week is pineapple, apples, pears and oranges. Since we still have oranges, a melon and apples from last week, I purchased a pineapple and bananas. I did get a couple of other sale items as well. So here's what we got:
Two Gallons of Milk
Two 64oz Apple Juice (BOGO)
Two containers of mushrooms (BOGO)
10 ct Tortillas
8 oz sour cream
Baking Powder
1 16 oz can diced tomatoes
5 ct plain bagels (for John for breakfast at work)
1 Pineapple
3 lbs Bananas (we had yellow ones at home, so these are for later in the week)
Total: $17.76
I totally forgot to buy the butter - on sale this week for $2.50 a container. I was wondering why my bill was $2.50 lower than I thought it would be! Duh.
So, John will pick up butter when he goes in to do a study at work at 9pm tonight.
Total including the butter: $20.26
For more shopping inspiration, see Money Saving Mom!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020