Goals Update

Reading back through my posts for November, I thought I should probably update my goals!

I'm doing better at getting to bed and getting up when I want to. I'm hitting about 4 out of 5 days during the work week, which I'm happy with. I'd like it to be all 5, but I can handle 4. :) Saturday and Sunday are easier because they're slower and we don't usually get up until 630/7am-ish. I'm also still getting stuff crossed off my to-do list: more than half of the stack of boxes left from moving in are gone (only 3 more to go - whoo hoo!), I only have one 'catch-all basket' to clean out left (I had 3!), I cleaned out part of the furnace room, the office and our bedroom plus one of the two bookcases in the living room. I have a huge pile of stuff to sell on Craig's List. I've made progress on my partially done sewing list - I'll post pics as soon as things settle down a bit - which is always neat and makes me feel like I've really accomplished something. As for sticking to the schedule, I really haven't. I've been making progress on completing things, but not on the schedule I had planned. I'm not sure if it's the schedule or me or what, but I need to think about that a bit.

Last month I also worked on the following character traits:
Orderliness
Thoroughness
Creativity

Creativity definitely came into play with putting together my ideas for filling the kid's teachers' Christmas baskets - they have a LOT of them this year for some reason (they have both preschool and Sunday school that are team taught) and we needed a lot of things. I settled on homemade ornaments (tp tubes, paint, and pipe cleaners!), homemade hot cocoa mix, chocolate dipped pretzels, and caramel popcorn balls. I bought the baskets our local thrift store for 50 cents each. I'll try to post pics of these too!

Orderliness and thoroughness have come in to play both in school and with all the cleaning out and organizing I have done at home. It's definitely easier to get things done if things are orderly and I feel better about what I've done if I'm thorough - both at home and school. I could be better at both of these (especially the orderliness!), so we'll keep working on those next month too.

For December I'm working on:
Resourcefulness
Hospitality
Gratefulness

I'm finding the last one so much easier than I did before my cousin's death in August (which I will write about one of these days! God willing - I promise!). It has been bitterly cold here, and I am so very grateful that I have a warm house to live in, warm clothes to wear, and a warm car to drive. I have hot food to eat and I can make tea, cocoa, coffee, hot cider or just plain hot water any time I want to. My family is healthy. We have a stable income. We have education opportunities coming out our ears.

And the ability and desire and freedom to set goals and strive to achieve them, even if we fall off the bandwagon several times before succeeding.

So much to be grateful for.
What more can I ask for?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020