|My husband and son hiking this summer.|
We're heading toward Ordination and Installation this week - whee! What a busy time this is! My parents are here and I'm so grateful. There are all sorts of things that they can help with and leave us free to do more pressing things. It's also just lovely to have them here! These visits are so precious.
Some frugal things from the last week:
* Made meatloaf, cornbread, vegetable-barley soup, and cookies at home this week.
* Mom did a bunch of yardwork for us - thanks Mom!
* Scrubbed the kitchen within an inch of it's life this week. It looks great! Now we just need to finish painting.
* Lowered the hem on two pairs of pants for my son this week. Sewed a button back on my spring/fall jacket. Sewed the last of my son's Cub Scout patches on his vest. We'll hang that in his room with his Arrow of Light as a decoration.
* Ordered my son a new winter jacket on clearance sale. Saved over $40!
* Spent more time cleaning out and my husband took another load of items to the thrift store.
* We picked pumpkins from the yard and our children brought home a HUGE pumpkin from an event at school.
* Used a refund from insurance to buy new shoes for the ordination and my parents bought my son a white dress shirt and red tie.
* Renewed books from the library and returned a few items. We checked out a new audio book to listen to in the car.
* We spent a lot of time this week finalizing plans for Ordination. I'm REALLY looking forward to it and I'm going to be happy when it's over all at the same time!
What did you do this week?