Frugal Friday - Middle of May!

This week has gone by in a flash!  I can't believe that we're already into summer session and only have a couple of weeks of school remaining for the children.  We finally have real "spring" weather - warm evenings and breezy days with sunshine or light rain.  I'm loving it!  I'm hoping we'll be able to get the fire pit out soon and have a bonfire. Saturday looks promising for that.  Out daughter asked if we could get marshmallows and we may just have to!

This week has been a tough week with my shingles and I headed in to the doctor and I get to start trying a new medication at bedtime.  I'm hoping it works - I'm really tired of being in severe pain all the time and not being able to do the things I need to do.  That's also why I don't have any photos this week.  No energy to take any!

Here's some of the things that we did this week that are in the "frugal" realm:

* We planted our flowers/plants that we bought from the fundraiser at school.  They're beautiful and growing well!
* We ate at home for most meals or brown-bagged lunches.  I had two meals at work meetings and then John and I were treated to a meal at an interview for Call.  While we were at that interview, my parents took our children out to dinner to celebrate the end of our daughter's softball season.  They won their last game and are now headed off to playoffs sometime in the next week or so.

* I crumbled more dried mint leaves to make herbal tea (tisanes or herbal infusions).  I will steep some of it with ginger root to make ginger-mint tea as well. 

* My Mom purchased fabric on sale to make my daughter and me dresses for my husband's Ordination.   I bought fleece on clearance for $4/yard to make my children fleece jackets.

* I cut irises from my yard to decorate my kitchen table. 

* I read several books that we already owned but I hadn't read yet.  Some belonged to the children (they had received them for Christmas or birthday gifts from my parents) and some belonged to my husband.  Some are mine that I just hadn't had time to read yet.

* My parents bought us apples, grapes and yogurt this week. They had bought us a small ham over the weekend that we've been eating all week.

* I went for a walk with my husband twice for a mini date twice.

* We removed a lot of dead wood from some old bushes in our yard, worked on thoroughly weeding the last of the flower beds, and dug out yet more Creeping Charlie from the yard.  We reseeded the part of yard where the Charlie was dug with seed we had leftover from last year.

* We made muffins, potato soup, chicken noodle soup, pizza, breadsticks and breakfast sandwiches at home from scratch this week. 

What did you do that was frugal this week?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020