Frugal Friday - Finally getting back after illness!

I *think* I'm finally getting caught up after being super ill for over two weeks.  Yesterday, Thursday, I finally felt well again for the first time since the end of February.  I'm grateful for being back into the swing of things!

I'm just going to recap this week since I really don't have much of a memory from the rest of the month! **GRIN**  I think I slept more than anything else those weeks.  Does that count as frugal?

* Made oatmeal and oatmeal-butterscotch cookies from scratch.

* Ate one meal at church and two others catered at meetings at work.  Ate the rest at home or brown-bagged. 

* Cooked soup in the crockpot and put the leftovers in the freezer for later.

* John brought home a pretty carnation for me, leftover from St. Patrick's day at work.

* I taught an extra Jazzercise class this week and made a little extra money.

* John preached for a friend this week and made a little extra money.

* Worked on embroidery for a couple of gifts that I'm making.  I have another (important!) embroidery gift that I want to start on, but I want to finish these up first since they're almost done.

* Sewed 4 gifts for my in-laws and finished one for our nephew (look for a post on those this next week!).  The four gifts for my in-laws were really quick and easy. The one for our nephew was a bit harder!

* Went to bed early almost every night to make sure I don't relapse with my illness.  I also too extra Vitamin C and D (which I already had) this week. 

* Reorganized a few things in my sewing stash and made plans for a few pieces of material.

* We watched a video we already had for family night.

* I used a coupon I received in the mail for a free bottle of shampoo.  I am now set for shampoo for quite a while!  I was also able to purchase a new workout top, which I needed, on sale this week.

* John was able to purchase a new pair of shoes this week. He uses a sale offer on the shoes to get them for almost half price.

In other news:

We received the names two potential congregations for John's first Call in the last week or so.  Please keep us in your prayers as we go through this Call Process.  It's pretty nerve wracking and we're hanging in limbo until we know where we'll be heading.  Thank you so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020