Reducing me to a blubbery mess.....

This hymn reduced me to a blubbery mess at Ash Wednesday worship last week - it hit such a cord with me as we head into Internship (Vicarage) this summer.  Some of you know that I struggle with fear  - lately a lot.  And, quite honestly, I'm pretty much terrified of what will happen once we start Internship - in so many different areas of my (and our family's) life, not just financial or physical.  After we got home, my purse half-filled with damp tissues, I had to look it up and copy it down so I could hang it on the wall in a frame.  

Don't we all need the reminder that God wants us to move past where we are - the fear, the worry, the anxiety, stares, the lack of familiarity, the concern of turning off others with our faith, the hiding in the shadows - and show HIS love, and care, and hope to the world?

Will You Come and Follow Me

(The Summons)

Text by John L. Bell
Tune: Scottish Traditional
 
"Will you come and follow me if I but call your name?
Will you go where you don't know and never be the same?
Will you let my love be shown, will you let my name be known,
Will you let my life be grown in you and you in me?"
 
"Will you leave yourself behind if I but call your name?
Will you care for cruel and kind and never be the same?
Will you risk the hostile stare, should your life attract or scare?
Will you let me answer pray'r in you and you in me?"
 
"Will you let the blinded see if I but call your name?
Will you set the pris'ners free and never be the same?
Will you kiss the leper clean, and do such as this unseen,
And admit to what I mean in you and you in me?"
 
"Will you love the you you hide if I but call your name?
Will you quell the fear inside and never be the same?
Will you use the faith you've found to reshape the world around
Through my sight and touch and sound in you and you in me?"
 
Lord, your summons echoes true when you but call my name.
Let me turn and follow you and never be the same.
In your company I'll go where your love and footsteps show.
Thus I'll move and live and grow in you and you in me.
 
 
What hymns have touched your heart lately? And why?  I'd love to hear!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020