In the swing of things...

Well, my folks headed back home after three marvelous weeks here visiting, school has started for all four of us, the extra-curricular activities (piano lessons, swimming lessons, scouts and dance class) are all in full swing, and our schedule is starting to settle into a routine.

We received our final box of goodies from the CSA and I'm hoping this week to get the chest freezer thawed out so we can move all the veggies I've blanched and frozen and the fruit I've frozen to the chest freezer.

We still have zucchini and our butternut squash and acorn squash plants have decided to continue adding fruit - 3 more butternut and 2 more acorn.  I dehydrated a bunch of celery and zucchini (which I didn't know was possible - the zucchini, that is) and am looking forward to seeing how that goes.  We always have problems with celery going bad before we use it all up so I'm hoping this is a good solution!  And, as much as I love zucchini, I just didn't feel like making another loaf of zucchini bread. :)

We gleaned apples from a friend's tree and dried those too.  Our tomatoes and peppers are continuing to produce and I'm looking forward to making more tomato sauce.  With all the food in our house I'm feeling abundantly blessed.  I wonder if this is what our ancestors felt like after the fall harvest?

John is doing pulpit supply a minimum of two times per month.  I'm back to singing in our church choir.  The fall weather is starting - though not all the way here yet - and we've been enjoying backyard bonfires and good conversation.

It's good to be back into the swing of things.

 
I'll leave you with a photo of a centerpiece we had this summer (ignore the stuff on the window ledge - we've since moved it!).  I replaced the big candle with some mini-pumpkins for fall.  My zinnias are going gangbusters this year - and I'm loving the bright colors of red, orange, yellow and bright pink (which isn't in the picture).  They look great with my pink and red rose bushes and the yellow and orange marigolds.
 
I hope you're getting back into the swing of things too.
 
See you again soon,
Lea


Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020