Goals Update - April 25, 2011

These last few weeks have been seriously busy!  I haven't had time to get more than about 4-5 hours of sleep many nights much less blog, clean or anything else that isn't absolutely vital for our existence and current deadlines.  Buddy had the flu (again), John had a major test, and I had a migraine yet again.  When I was putting together our menu plan for this week, John commented "I don't care what we eat this week, as long as it isn't soup!"  We had soup 5 out of 7 nights for the last two weeks (in spite of what the menu plan said!) and take out or leftovers the other two. *Sigh* 

God is very good. 

He placed someone in my life at the very right moment who knew exactly what I needed without my knowing. I am currently planning on writing about that on Thursday here so you can know too.  I was able to head into Easter with a clear head and no tension and a smile on my heart and soul. 

In terms of productivity, it's been the "crisis of the day" for about a week and a half.  I absolutely hate living in that mode, but it happens sometimes.  Especially when I am so emotionally weary.

Physically weary, I get that part.  I can get some extra sleep, eat some extra protein, get an extra workout and I'm good for a while. 

Emotionally weary is something else.  I have a tendency to depression and I've been getting dangerously close again lately. 

We have made progress in cleaning out the house and I have been keeping my head above water with grading, teaching and schoolwork. 

Today, I am energized and ready to tackle a couple of things for school and a couple of things for teaching that I have been putting off.  I am hoping that I can get the ironing caught back up (I swear that stuff multiplies while hanging on the rod in the laundry room!) and John and I have a big project that we're hoping to get done in the next week (before my parents come for the kids' birthday the first week in May).   I'm hoping that next week I can post some pictures.

I was really inspired by this post and am hoping to have some pictures to share what my completed goals look like in the near future. If you haven't had a chance, click on over and read it. Emily's video clip at the bottom made me cry.  And quite honestly I was relieved that I'm not the only one who's desk isn't perfectly clean at the end of the day!  I hope you can be inspired too.

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020