Life at Our House...

These last few weeks have been hard emotionally around here.

First my cousin took her beautiful 2 1/2 year old off life support.

Then I had a 3-day-long allergic reaction between my medications and something I ate, which meant I had to cancel class and stay in bed and deal with a digestive track that was swollen beyond belief. 

Then I had to play catch-up from all the stuff I'd missed and didn't get done.

Then the kids had spring break with no daycare so we had to juggle schedules and random babysitters and too much of the neighbor child (who is a complete terror!).

Then we had a meeting with our Pastor about a lot of not-so-good-things that had been happening at our church.  We thought the meeting would have been decisive and it wasn't.  It just made us more confused.

We've been attending another church in the area and it's been wonderful, but it's not "home", which makes me feel adrift and unsupported.

Buddy lost his glasses - they're not in the house and they can't find them at school.   And he lost a mitten too.

Missy has been on a continual grumpy trip, which has culminated in growing 2 inches and needing new shoes and new pants (thankfully I can let down her skirt hems).

Now I have a sinus infection, yet again.

I know that God is way bigger than any of my problems and He knows exactly why these things are happening all at once.

I am so angry, hurt and frustrated about all the things at church.
I am terrified for my cousin's health and well being - she is in a truly dark place right now.
I am so weary of all the day-to-day 'stuff' that clutters my life - even though I know everyone has the same things going on!
I am tired of being sick all the time.
I am tired of the gray weather and the snow and the yuck and muddy footprints in my kitchen.

I am grateful that I can lean on God. 
That I can rant and rave and shake my fist. 
And He smiles like I do when my children are having a fit for no particularly good reason that I can see. 
He waits until I'm ready and then comforts me and holds me and guides me to the next thing I have to do.

What do people do who don't have God and have all the trials and tribulations of life?  I don't think I want to know. 

I know for sure I couldn't continue without it.

We're working on getting back to 'normal' around here - or whatever counts as normal, that is.  I'm hopeful that I'll get back to a regular blogging schedule here again since I'm finally 2 weeks ahead with my course stuff for teaching and I've made some significant progress with some school and house things as well (spring break is a wonderful thing!). 

Thanks for the prayers and your online friendship. I so appreciate it!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020