Frugal "Friday" - the Last Full Week of September 2019

Tomato Sauce in the making!

This week felt like such a busy week.  I ended up with a sinus headache the end of the week and that took up so much time.  We have settled into a schedule now, which does make things easier.  I am grateful for the weekend and some time to relax and play catch up with all the things that went undone this week.

Here are the things we did this week that we count as frugal:

* Made soup, two types of bread, roasted chicken and vegetables, and pancakes at home this week.

* I started another Christmas gift this week.  I hope to finish it early in the week so I can make another this next week.

* My husband cleaned out his office at work and brought home some unused notebooks for us to use at home.

* I "canned' four more pint jars of tomato sauce this week.

* We harvested tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers from the garden.

* We cleaned out two more boxes of items from the utility room in the basement.

* I picked flowers from the garden for the kitchen table.

* We brought home 3 butternut squash that was used for a decoration at an event and was destined for the garbage.  We used it for dinner one night and then in soup.

* I brought home a magazine that was destined for the trash at work and read it before putting it in the recycle bin.

* I washed the slipcovers from the couches and the chair.  I love how they look after they are washed - like new!

* We priced two items we would like to purchased and started saving up for those two items. 

* I slept a lot to recover from my sinus headache.  I have medication but prefer not to use it (doctor approved to do this) unless I do not have improvement for 7-10 days.  After three days of at home steam treatment, naps and drinking lots of water, I felt much better.

What did you do this week that was frugal?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020