Frugal Friday - Middle of July 2019

A lovely snapdragon in my garden right now.  I have others on my kitchen table as I'm typing!
We have been HOT here this week!  Our actual temperatures have been in the mid-80's F (upper 20's C) but our heat index (combination of temperature, humidity, etc.) has been roughly 103 F (approximately 40 C).  We are very grateful for our central air conditioning and that we have plenty of water and easy-to-prepare foods so we did not need to heat up the house with the oven or stove.  At least for me, when it is so hot out, it is easy to stay inside and not spend much money.

Here are the things we did this last week that qualify as frugal:

* We ate in or packed a lunch every day this week even though I would have rather bought take-away.

* I picked up a free loaf of bread using a punch card we won at a raffle.  (No having to turn on the oven!)

* Picked flowers from the garden for the kitchen table twice.

* Harvested the last of the lettuce and enough string beans for a meal from our garden.  Still waiting on the tomatoes and peppers to finish ripening.

* My husband brought home leftover seasoned ground beef and a bag of buns from an event at church.  We used some of the beef and the buns for lunch for two days and froze the rest of the meat for later use.

* I blanched and froze pea pods from our CSA box for use in two meals later.

* My husband and I reviewed several long-term financial goals and answered some questions we had downloaded as part of a program we participated in many years ago.  This assured us we were on the same page with our financial goals and buoyed us for the rest of the year and the tight budget we're working with. 

* I replaced a missing button on a skirt and a pair of pants.

* I transplanted volunteer petunias growing in my yard (not sure how they got there but there they were!) into pots for us to enjoy all summer. 

* Made a list of meals for the next few weeks using what we have in the house. We will be eating well - I am grateful.

What did you do this week that is frugal? 




Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020