Super Savings Sunday - February Pantry Challenge Week 1

No grocery photo again this week - my children are getting way too efficient at putting those things away!  Seriously, I brought in two bags, went back out to collect the last one and the rest of my "stuff" and it was all put away!  I love it but it does mean grocery photos are pretty much non-existent.  I'm going to have to warn then next week in advance - I do want those photos!

Saturday was a busy day that ended with a wonderful birthday party for a friend. So, errands were bumped to Sunday this weekend.  This was a week with three stops - two grocery stores next door to each other and then a drug store on the way home.  The drug store stop was only because I needed to pick up a knee brace for our son - the only place close by to purchase one.

Here's what I purchased at Store #1:

1lb coffee beans $4.99
Crisco Baking Sticks 3pk $3.79
56oz Vegetable Oil $2.49
2.18lbs Yellow Bananas @ $0.59/lb = $1.29
1 bunch Celery $1.99
1 large Butternut Squash $3 (normally I grow these, but our plant died this year)
42oz Yogurt $3.59
5 6oz Yogurt Cups @ 5/$3 = $3
1lb Cheese $4

Total Store #1: $28.14

Here's what I purchased at Store #2:

1 large pineapple $1.89
3lb Pink Lady Apples $3.89
1lb Strawberries $1.49

Total Store #2: $6.67

Here's what I purchased at the drug store:

56oz Laundry Soap $1.99 - $1 coupon = $0.99
Sales Tax: $0.13

Total drug store: $1.12

Grand Total Spent this Week: $35.93


Lower than our typical spending of around $40/week but a bit higher than I would have liked for our first week.  All but the yogurt cups, squash, and the fruit were stock up purchases.  My plan for the next few weeks is to purchase mainly some fresh fruit, milk and any really good sale meat we find.  The meat certainly isn't a necessity but would be a welcome addition.  We have approximately $15/wk from now to the end of the month to purchase groceries and toiletries if we split the money evenly between the weeks.  I'll keep you posted on how it all goes!

I went to the second store because they had advertised a low price on some fruit we normally don't purchase because of the price.  They were sold out so I went with apples and an inexpensive pineapple.  I was pretty bummed - I had been looking forward to the other fruit.  It's all good and I will enjoy the apples very much.

Come back tomorrow and see what we're eating!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020