Menu Plan Monday - Week of September 18, 2016


Sheep!  I promise that's the last photo I'll share from the Oliver Kelley Farm.  I'm planning on taking some actual photos of things in and around our house this week so, hopefully, I'll have some other photos this next week.  I'm rather astonished that I have only a handful of photos from September - all but two of them from the first day of school.  I'm a bit behind with that, I'm afraid.  The sheep in the above photo are chomping happily on the weeds the children and I picked in the garden there.  If only we had a sheep to feed the weeds at home to!  Or not.  I have zero desire to raise animals (other than a nice puppy at some point) around my home.

We spent $47 on groceries this week - I'm a bit irritated about that since my careful planning this summer didn't help.  I totally ran out of laundry detergent this week and we also needed yogurt, something that I've tried to make many times but have failed each time and is rather expensive.   SIGH.  We did use quite a few coupons so we saved quite a bit - I'm not sure I want to know what the cost would have been otherwise.  We have plenty of yogurt for the next two weeks and fruit for at least the week as well.  Our week is back in full swing here this week.

Here's what we're eating:

Sunday, September 18:
    Breakfast: Smoothies
    Lunch: Fall kickoff at church
    Snack: Popcorn
    Dinner: Wild Rice Casserole, Homemade Rolls, Watermelon-Cantaloupe Salad

Monday, September 19:
   Breakfast: Eggs and Toast
   Lunch: Leftover Wild Rice Casserole
   Snack: Cut Veggies
   Dinner: Shrimp Stir Fry, Rice, Cantaloupe

Tuesday, September 20:
   Breakfast: Oatmeal with Raspberries
   Lunch: Leftover Stir Fry
   Snack: Yogurt
   Dinner: Noodles with Tomato Sauce, Garlic Bread, Sliced Apples and Pears

Wednesday, September 21:
   Breakfast: Oatmeal Muffins, Bananas
   Lunch: Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Cut Veggies, Apple or Pear, Yogurt
   Snack: Cheerios
   Dinner: Sausage, Roasted Cabbage, Apple-Pear-Mandarin Orange Salad

Thursday, September 22:
   Breakfast: Chai Spiced Oatmeal
   Lunch: Leftover Noodles or Sausage and Cabbage
   Snack: Yogurt
   Dinner: Taco Soup in the Crockpot, Tortilla Chips, Sliced Apples and Pears

Friday, September 23:
    Breakfast: Eggs and Toast
    Lunch: Leftover Taco Soup
    Snack: Cut Veggies
    Dinner: Homemade Pizza and Breadsticks

Saturday, September 24:
   Brunch: Scrambled Eggs, Cinnamon Biscuit Twists, Smoothies
   Snack: Soft Pretzels
   Dinner: Harvest Party for our CSA: Bring Caprese Salad Skewers

I'm hoping to bake an apple crisp or gingerbread this week sometime too.

What are you eating this week?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020