It's been another busy week around here. John starts his new position next week and I'm really excited to start a new routine. There have been several viruses going around at work and I've been trying to make sure I get enough sleep and exercise and eat well. So far so good! I'm hoping it continues!
I feel like this week was a week of a lot of doing rather than much of anything else. Our grocery shop last week was quite a bit higher than I would have liked so this week we're hoping to keep it low again. I feel like we didn't do much this week but I'm not so sure.
Here are some of the things we did this week that we "frugal":
* Ate one meal at church for the Capital Campaign kickoff and brought home several small bags of leftover crackers. The meal was delicious!
* We picked lots of veggies from the garden this week - including strawberries! I can't believe our strawberry plants are still producing! I'll take it!
* We finished the current round of painting in our house and rehung all the decorations, rearranging some things.
* Made soft pretzels and waffles from scratch at home this week.
* We ate all but that one meal at home or brown-bagged meals.
* Scrubbed the kitchen cabinets and walls in preparation for painting last this next week.
* Went to bed early several nights this week so that I stayed healthy.
* Returned two pairs of slacks that didn't fit my son. Received store credit for the slacks which we'll use to buy something else later.
* Picked some more of my dwindling flowers to decorate the kitchen table.
* Dug out the fall decorations we already owned and started decorating the house for fall. Our daughter wants to make a few more decorations too so we'll do that this next week.
What did you do this week that might count as frugal?