Goals for the Rest of Summer 2016

Some of my beautiful flowers: zinnias and cosmos. 

Since I've been so bad about posting my goals for July, the italic goals below are from July and the non-italic goals are new ones added for August.  With the unplanned break that I took, I haven't gotten as much done as I would have liked but I think I'm healthier, which is a good thing! 

Here we go:

Work:
* Prep Unit 1 & 2 for both of my fall classes (one class is done and the other half done)
* Finish research summary

Family:
* Read 2-3 books aloud to the children  (I've read 1 and started another)
* Attend two meeting with John (for his call process)
* Attend one more meeting with John
* Host a birthday party for our daughter (her birthday was in May but she wanted her party in July)
* Host a birthday party for our son
* Play 4 board games with the children
* One date out with John
* Visit three free or nearly free events/museums/locations with the children We went to the Minnesota Zoo (we have a membership), the Minnesota History Center, and the Minneapolis Museum of Art.
* Complete the one project I promised my Dad I would do for the family tree work he's doing
* One more family tree project that I want to do

Home:
* Clean out and reorganize both children's bedrooms
* Wash the children's curtains
* Clean out and reorganize the family room
* Scrub the kitchen cabinets
* Prime and paint the stairwell
* Prime and paint the kitchen, living room and hallway (these are all open to each other)

Yard:
* Keep up with the weeding - spend 20-30minute/day 3-4x per week weeding and deadheading  This is ongoing too but I've been keeping up pretty well so far.
* Transplant peonies and some irises
* Pick produce and process it as necessary  This is ongoing....
* Reseed the east side yard - this is a high shade area and definitely needs it  We've had a ton of rain and so this got pushed off because we have to deal with some soil issues before we can seed.
* Can tomato sauce and pickled beets

Sewing/Crafting:
* Start the 2016 photo albums for my children  (I sorted materials but haven't done any work on these yet.)
* Hem a pair of slacks for me
* Sew myself a skirt
* Finish our niece's Graduation gift I'm almost done with this! Yay!  And I'm really pleased with how it's turning out.
* Finish at least two other gifts  I have started another one and a second is laid out for when the other two are done. 

Personal
* Acupuncture x2
* Get to bed on time
* Read two books for fun
* Get my hair trimmed
* Paint my toenails x 2
* Acupuncture again
* Paint my toenails again

It looks like a busy August - I'm okay with that.  I am going to go with "slow and steady wins the race" here.  I'm sick of being exhausted all the time and I need to take care of myself and my family and that's my primary goal for the rest of summer.

What are you up to this August?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020