Our week started with Mother's Day and we've had dance four nights this week - two rehearsals and two recitals. I feel like I've spent a LOT of time at a theater this week. I did get a lot of grading done while I waited though, which was good because that's basically all I have left from spring semester at this point!
We have a quiet weekend here and I'm hoping to get some yard work done and my seedlings planted. We'll see if the weather holds for that! Either way, I am planning a nap both Saturday and Sunday either way.
Frugal things this week have been:
* We made ginger cookies, rhubarb crisp, chicken wild rice soup, pancakes, and taco soup from scratch this week.
* I picked up a free loaf of bread using a punch card from my favorite bakery.
* My parents bought us groceries this week - milk and fruit and a 10lb bag of the $0.49/lb chicken! I haven't seen that price in a really long time!
* I brought a snack for both of my children to eat on the way from school to dance rehearsal this week. We ate dinner when we got home both nights.
* We went to the dance recitals for entertainment this week. We did stop for Dairy Queen on the way home from both recitals for ice cream purchased with a gift card.
* I sewed or tightened 3 buttons on my London Fog raincoat.
* I hemmed another pair of pants for my son and took in three shirts for my husband (he's been working out and lost quite a bit of weight recently).
* We cut white and purple lilacs from our yard to decorate the dinner table. The yard smells like lilacs right now.
* We also have yellow and purple irises blooming. I am really enjoying my spring flowers this year!
* I purchased two plants at the plant sale - a 6-pack of midnight pincushions and a borage plant - for $5.
I am really looking forward to a couple of days off before summer session starts. My plan is to rest, dig in my garden and maybe do a little sewing. What have you been up to this week?