Super Savings Saturday - A $27.13 shop and an $80 top off

No photos again this week - John bought groceries while I was at Jazzercise this morning and he didn't take a photo.   We're into a new month for grocery budget - $140 for the month - so I'm trying to fit in all the good things we need for us to spoil my parents when they come for Christmas. 

We went to Sam's Club and bought the following for just under $80 (of course, I can't find the receipt now - if I find it I'll update prices):

Toilet Paper
Yeast 2lb
Canned diced tomatoes
Canned chicken noodle soup (the children like this for lunch at school)
Frozen Tilapia Fillets
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Red Grapes 3lbs
Gallon Milk (this was over $1 cheaper than our local store)

Total: Just under $80

At our local store John bought the following:

1 15oz can Store brand black olives $1
2 15oz cans Geisha Mandarin Oranges 2 @ $1 = $2
Carnation Evaporated Milk 4 @ 4/$5 = $5 (we use this in place of cream in cooking)
Store Brand Sliced Bacon 1lb $2.99 (he bought this for making soup for church later this week)
2 bags salad greens B1G1  $2.99
Acorn Squash 4.42lbs @ $1.39/lb (I had no idea they were this expensive!) $6.15
Butter Quarters 2 @ 2/$5 = $5 (store coupon)
1lb Ocean Spray Fresh Cranberries $2

Total: $27.13
Total Saved According to Store Receipt: $7.77 (22%)

This leaves me with right around $32 for the rest of the month.  I already have most of the items I need for the menu plan when my parents are here - I still need ground beef (which is on sale this next week - yay!), ground pork, and shrimp but everything else we have on hand already.  The meat I need is for our traditional Christmas meals so I want to make sure we have those things on hand.  I'm pretty sure I can do it!   My parents will be here in two weeks and we're very, very excited.  My Mom has been having heart issues so I'm trying to keep things low-stress with us staying home most of the time (or as much as possible anyway). Having the majority of our food here in the house will be helpful indeed!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020