These are a Few of My Favorite Things - Little Things Continued.....

As we s...l...o...w...l...y...   make our way into spring here in Minnesota, I am continually reminded that it's the little things that make me so very grateful and fill my days with wonder!

....The new buds on the lilacs after a winter of dormant hiding...

...Buds on the rhododendron too...

...Green grass starting to peek out...

...Getting itchy to be out the yard and garden again...

...The lovely new watering can and garden gloves John bought me for Easter....



....The final leftovers of this wonderful, salvaged dessert...

...An abundance of cookbooks at the local library to check out and browse....

....Online recipes to browse too....

...Learning how to make my Dad's signature "Fish Chowder" with him last week....


...Eating the chowder with my folks and their lovely blue dishes that I remember so well...

...Adapting the recipe for the crock pot when I cam home...


...Morning water coloring by my resident artist - before breakfast too!....

....That my children's teacher loves arts and crafts projects as much as they do...

...Having artwork by our children displayed all over our house...

...Teaching our children to be responsible with their money...


...Counting allowance and birthday and holiday money before a trip to the store...

...My daughter buying her own doll with her own money...

....My daughter having the same doll as her friend....

....My son looking forward to a play date next weekend....

....Our children getting to be such good helpers....

...My son actually enjoying cleaning the bathroom (yes, I know, that's weird!)...


...My daughter loving to help in the kitchen....

...and asking for Cake Decorating lessons for her upcoming 8th birthday....

....Finally getting some long-not-done things crossed off my to-do list...

...Sunshine...

...Rain (instead of snow)...

...Warm(er) air....

...Spring coats....

...Spring dresses....

...The beautiful blue hydrangeas from the Easter garden at church that are still living on my piano....

...Dinner by candlelight...

...Tired children after a birthday party...

...Freshly popped popcorn...

...Homemade cookies...

...The smell of baking in the house...

...A cup of hot tea on a blustery, cool day...

...Served with a cookie or two...

...And a good book to read, loaned from a friend....

...Birthday Parties scheduled for the children (separate ones this year) for next month...

...Anticipation of being out in the spring weather...

...Summer plans afoot...


Truly, it is the little things that fill me with such wonder and joy.
Truly, these are a few of my favorite things!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020