Where, oh where, has the summer gone?
It seems like it just started yesterday and now we're in the middle of August. The kiddos head into first grade on the 30th of this month and we are in a whirlwind of activities between now and then. My mind continually races and I wish I wasn't so much like a magpie - jumping after the brightest thing in the room (in my case, the next thing on my to-do list) before I've even finished with what I have.
We've had 3 more trips to IKEA and 3 trips to Menards. We've had several get-togethers, a conference, a trip out of town, and I took last week off from work and school to get some much-needed things done in the house. My to-do list has barely shrunk because I have so many, many things partially done.
Today Crystal wrote out her goals for this week and I'm inclined to follow. Here are mine:
* Get the rooms upstairs finished - this involved painting, moving several things and re-arranging some furniture.
* Get the kids' toys sorted through.
* Spend 1 - 2 hours going through things from my pile of things that needs to be gone through
* Catch up the ironing
* Finish proposal
* Check in with my advisor
* Finish draft of one more chapter
* Finish both sets of lab re-writes
* Draft of course schedule for fall semester
* Lay out my grade book for fall semeseter
* Send in 3 sets of paperwork forms
* Write and mail one think you note
* Jazzercise 4 times
* Fill out paperwork for Sunday school (at 3 different churches!)
* Make appointments for hair cuts for the kids
* Make eye appointments for the kids
* Order new Jazzercise shoes
There are probably other things that I'm missing but those are "the biggies". What are you planning on doing this week?
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Lately Buddy has gotten into taking photos with my little wimpy digital camera. Since the camera was cheap, and I don't even pretend to be a photographer, I think it's pretty fun. He hasn't dropped it in water yet - that might make me take the camera away! In the meantime, I'm enjoying seeing the world through the eyes of a 6-year-old boy:
I think it's safe to say that my little guy likes nature and dinosaurs. What do you think?
And just for a bonus:
A conversation that took place tonight while I was trying to get a snarl out of Missy's hair before she washed it:
Me: Did you know that Grandpa used to just cut the snarls out of my hair?
Missy: Did it hurt?
Me: No, but I had pretty funny looking hair.
Buddy: Is that how Grandpa lost all his hair?
(My dad is completely bald!)