Healthy Habits in 2011 - Weight Loss Challenge

So, me being me, I decided that I needed some outside accountability in my little weight loss journey.

When Jazzercise started their Jazz It Off! promotion this month, I decided I'd do it. 

Never mind that I hate public accountability of my very personal habits.
Never mind that I REALLY don't need a single other thing on my plate right now.  REALLY.
Never mind that in order to do that I need to add two more exercise sessions a week to my current crowded schedule.
Never mind that when I'm on a "diet" all I can think about it food - I rarely think about food when I'm not "dieting."

So....

Last week was the first week.

I chose my weigh-in day as Thursday.

I attended 4 classes between last Tuesday and today.

I watched what I've eaten more than I have for a long time  and asked myself a lot if I was truly hungry or eating because I was bored.  Mostly the answer was "bored". 

I went to a baby shower on Saturday afternoon and ate only 1 small piece of cake - whoo hoo!

I weighed myself today 'just for fun' - on the same scale at the same time of day as I had last Thursday.

I've lost FOUR AND A HALF POUNDS IN FIVE DAYS.

Never mind that I'm sure at least half of that is water.
Never mind that I may have been wearing my shoes last Thursday (I can't remember!)
Never mind that when I weigh myself on Thursday I'll probably be a pound or two over what I was last week.
(I'm hoping that even if two or three pounds of it is water weight, I'll still have lost something!)

I'll take the encouragement if nothing else.

And I'm making tangible progress at least in making some changing that I've been wanting to make for a while.

How are you doing? I'd love to hear!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020