These are a Few of My Favorite Things - The Beauty of the Season


Today is the first Sunday in the season of Epiphany, the day in the church year that the Three Kings (or Wise Men, if you prefer that title) arrived to see the Christ Child and his mother, Mary.  Their journey was long and tiresome, lasting according to accounts up to 2 years by camel.  Can you even imagine?  I can't.

Today also marks the very last end of Christmas - the 12 Days of Christmas start with Christmas day and last until Epiphany.  We like Christmas so much we stick around until the first Sunday in Epiphany. :)


Today also marks the day that we take down the Christmas tree and the rest of our Christmas decorations, except the Nativity, which will remain up until the end of Epiphany.


All the pretty things like the tree with it's lights and ornaments, the garland with our Christmas photo cards pinned on it with red and green clothes pins, the Christmas table cloth and the Advent wreath, the twinkle lights on the houses and the greenery on the businesses, fancy cookies, and cheery greetings in the air make Christmas special.  The spectacular and special music fills me with awe and reminds me of the true meaning of Christmas. And it all fills my heart with gladness.

I love it all.

And I will miss it.

But if it's around all year, it wouldn't be as special would it?

Truly, all that beauty is one of my favorite things!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020