Healthy Habits in 2010 - Reaching My Target Weight

Oh boy.

This is the biggie.  My weight loss goal for the year - reaching my target weight of 165lbs.

Did I make it?

Nope. 

The good news?

I stayed exactly the same weight!  Not a single pound gained from the beginning of January 2010 to the end of the year.

And I lost 1 1/2 inches off my waist.
And I worked out more this year than I have since 2004. 
And I learned a LOT about my eating and snacking and nibbling habits.

My thigh measurements stayed the same as did my hip measurements.

I'm okay with that. 

As I said yesterday, I didn't realize how many things I would have on my plate and how hard it would be juggle them.  After all I did it all the time 'before.' 

The fact that I didn't gain a ton of weight says quite a lot actually.

I used to eat to pacify myself when I was stressed.  Now I try to do something physical and/or productive. 

I made it to Jazzercise 4 times during Christmas week. 
And I managed to make it through the holidays without gaining weight. 

And I got asked to become a Jazzercise instructor. (And I had 4 more people ask me to become one in the last week.)

I think that's all doing pretty well.
In fact, I think those are pretty big reasons to celebrate all that I've managed to do during a crazy-busy year with way too many things on my plate.

Do I need to ramp it up?  Yes. 
Do I need to get to that target weight before I try to qualify as a Jazzercise instructor?  Yes.
Do I need to watch my snacking more and still? Yes.

And I have 2011 to do it in!

How did you do this year? I'd love to hear.

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020