These Are a Few of My Favorite Things - Fall Leaves of Thankfulness


Ok, so these aren't real leaves, though I love those too!  (And I am going to post on those one of these weeks!).   These are our thankfulness leaves.

Each fall we put something like this on our entry-way coat closet door.  A reminder of all the people and things we're grateful for.  This picture is from 2007. 

In 2008 we ran out of hand leaves before the kids were done saying who they were thankful for.  No things made it on the door that year - just people!  I love that.

And I love that the kids get into this so fast.  Each year we trace hands and Mom (that's me) spends quite a bit of time cutting hands out of several shades of construction paper to get our multi-colored leaves.  John and I and the kids all get to choose what goes on the leaves. I write because John's handwritting is very poor and the kids haven't been old enough to write yet (that might change this year). 

It's a nice way to remember what we're thankful for - we have so much. 

And it makes me smile every time I look at it.

Truly, it's one of my favorite things!

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020