Healthy Habits in 2010 - Doing What I Can

I realized this weekend that I just can't squeeze another minute out of my schedule without sacrificing sleep or family time, both of which I consider essential.

So, I'm making changes where I can:  What I eat.

More specifically: How much I eat.

I eat too much for my activity level.  That's why I'm overweight.

Never mind that I'm not obese.  I don't have to be.  I've gained about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds per year since I graduated from high school.  Enough that I'm about 18 pounds over the weight I was when I graduated from high school.  The medical community recommends not gaining more than about 5 over your high school graduation rate (assuming you stopped growing by then and weren't under-weight at that point) in your adult lifetime.  I certainly passed that up a LONG time ago!

Now I'd be happy with losing 5-10 pounds. 

I think that's a good goal for me - roughly a pound a week until the end of the year.  I can do that.  And, more importantly, I can maintain that once I reach it.  I like that part of it.

Since I can't get in more exercise, I need to eat less.

So this week it's back to watching what I eat and how many calories it affords me.  You can eat an awful lot for not very many calories.  And that's what I'm trying to do.

Along with tweaking my schedule yet again, I'll let you know how that goes next week.

Until then, what are you doing to be healthy in 2010?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020