Goals - Taking Harder Look at the Schedule Yet Again

I've been feeling seriously overloaded ever since my new job started last week - and no wonder!  I am teaching 3 classes a week and I need to spend about 8 hours in prep for each of them each week (including grading), plus my regular office hours with my students.    That comes out to about 32 hours a week just with that job!

Then I have my dissertation work, which I need to spend a minimum of 18 hours a week on in order to make the type of progress that I need to for graduating any time in the next 12 months, much less May, as I would like.   

If you're doing the math that's 50 hours a week right there with just those two things! 

That doesn't include sleeping, eating, worship, church activities.

Not to mention my children and my husband.

So, I'm taking a good hard look at my schedule again and trying to figure out the best way to make the most efficient use of my time.  I started writing a detailed daily to-do list - including things like getting dressed and having the kids brush their teeth before getting out the door in the morning.    I realized that since each day is different in a lot of ways having a general schedule, more like an outline, is a good idea.  And then I use my to-do list to fill in the details. 
So far, so good - I only have 1 thing on my to-do list that I haven't gotten done (Bake the Oatmeal M&M cookies!) but I also just found 3 more things this morning that I need to add to today, so we'll see how that goes!  I'll let you know next week how things work out with this new schedule this week.

How are your goals progressing?  Care to share?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020