Super Savings Saturday - Continuing the Pantry Challenge Edition!

I spent about $28 of our $80 last week to restock some things and buy a couple of treats - Breyer's Ice Cream was on sale so I bought 2. That was good because John's Bible Study at 1 carton on Tuesday night along with the apple/pear crisp I made for them (cookies had been on the menu but just plain didn't happen!). So, at least Buddy has his "Nilla" for the next week or two! :)


Going to the store today was a pleasure - I needed milk, fruit, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, a bag of salad, and tortillas. I did get some other deals, so here's some of what we got:

Goldfish crackers 3/$3 (store coupon)
3 Birds Eye Freshlike Frozen Vegetables 33 cents each after coupon and sales
8 oz Kraft Cheddar Cheese $1.50 after sale and coupons
Store Brand Oyster Crackers: Free with purchase of 2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 Breyer's Ice Cream: $3.99 (BOGO with sale)
Oranges 5# at 68 cents/lb
Fresh Express Garden Salad 99 cents on sale

Sorry - no photo. My camera is burried in the bag I took to a birthday party today so by the time I got home with the groceries I really didn't feel like digging it out. :)

I did get a melon and some bananas and a couple of other things, but those are the big sale items. I keep looking at things and we're quite well stocked for this month again. That makes me happy! I'll be buying less and less as the month goes on this month and hopefully continuing into March with 'eating from the pantry.' We've got so many things we're saving for right now, that the savings is worth it!

Check back on Monday to see what we're eating! We have a couple of new things on the menu this week and we're looking forward to trying them!

For more shopping inspiration, see Money Saving Mom.

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020