Super Savings Saturday - I Blew It!

So...

I had $15 left for groceries this week.

I blew it.

I spent $41.56.
That's $26.56 over - more than my alotted weekly budget. *Sigh*

I had a list longer than my arm, and I realized we were out of TP too. Plus, I'm tired and back on antibiotics and have two cranky kids - all the result off my late night last night and our busy day yesterday (not the antibiotics, but the rest of it). So I decided to just wing it.

I used 1 coupon - a store coupon for 78-cent frozen veggies - and that's it. I did buy stuff on sale. Does that make up for it? :)

Here's what we got:
2 gallons of milk
2 36oz apple juice
4 bunches broccoli (I'll blanch and freeze 2 of these for later.)
1 white onion
5 lbs potatoes
3 lbs bananas
1 1-lb bag frozen green beens
2 lbs pears
1 1/4 lb sweet potatoes
4 cans Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup
2 8oz cans Tomato paste
1 bag oyster crackers
1 box Animal crackers
1 bag brown sugar
1 bag coffee
1 carton ice cream
1 block chedder cheese
1 bag shredded chedder cheese
1 jar Smucker's Raspberry All-Fruit Spread

I think that's it. :)

Not too bad - the fruit, onion and potatoes were all less than $1/lb, and everything else was on sale. I could have done better though and just bought the bananas, milk, block cheese, coffee and TP.

*SIGH*

I guess that's what I get for shopping tired and crabby. I should know better.
I'll do better next week.

For more shopping inspiration, see Money Saving Mom.

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020