Super Savings Saturday - The Additional Stock Up Addition, Part 2

We've done two additional things today that have added groceries to our stockpile.

First, a trip to the apple orchard. This is included in our entertainment budget, so we get apples and pumpkins without adding to our grocery bill.

We got:
  • 1 peck fresh Paula Red Apples
  • 2 small pumpkins
  • 1 large pumpkin

For $16 dollars! The pumpkins will actually be carved, but I will toast the seeds for snacks and that also means I can cook the 2 pumpkins the kids brought home from their school trip to the pumpkin patch!

Second, an actual trip to the grocery store. We decided after looking at the sales, to put another $10 overtime toward stockup groceries this week and kidnap $10 from next week's groceries.

We got:

  • 4 boxes of pasta
  • 8 cans tomato juice
  • 3 cans beans
  • 3lbs bananas
  • 3lbs grapes
  • 2 15oz peanut butter
  • 1 15oz ketchup
  • 1 box macaroni and cheese
  • 1 bottle chili powder
  • 1 6oz chopped walnuts

All for $17 dollars.

I made up a 2-week menu plan and my plan for next week is to buy fruit, lettuce, milk and any killer deals that I can get for a total of $15.

I also took a trip to the local second-hand score and managed to score 2 name-brand winter coats for the kids for $18! My budget was $20, so that was right on target! No boots - they were all too small or too beat up and I was out of money anyway, but I'm relieved the coats are taken care of. Hats and mittens are next and then I'll worry about the boots....

For more savings madness visit Money Saving Mom.

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020