Super Savings Saturday - the Additional Stock Up Addition, part 1

I'm not doing so hot this month so far with the $25/wk budget. The deals are good and we've ran out of so much.

*Sigh*

So much for practicing thriftiness this month!

We had to buy a few things for preschool this week again. Having twins and having the kids bring snacks in alphabetical order by last name means that we get to send snacks two weeks in a row. I have the string cheese and baby carrots that I bought week to send and we added pudding cups and will add more fruit to go with the string cheese.

First run this week: Sam's Club.
John has some overtime this week so we decided to take $15 of the overtime money and another $10 in left over from last week gas money and do a little stocking up. The stock up purchases:
  • Lemonade Mix
  • Chicken Nuggets
  • 90% Lean Ground Beef (5#)
  • Rosemary (clearanced)
  • Sage (clearanced)

Preschool Purchases:

  • 40 100% fruit juice boxes
  • Pudding Cups (20 for school, 16 for us)

Additional Purchases:

  • 1 1/2 doz eggs
  • 2 gallons of milk
  • 1 whole pineapple
  • 1 4-box set of instant apple cider drink mix for John (this is his favorite thing to drink and we can only get it at Sam's in the fall)
  • 2 64oz bottles of apple juice

Total spent in addition to stock up money? $30 - for the additional purchases. lemonade and spices. I had $31.33 combining last week's leftovers and this week's $25. I am going to stop and buy chili powder and bananas today and that should be it for the week. If I can get something else for almost free or free I might get that too. We'll see.

I'm wrestling with being thrifty and getting those good stock-up deals that make it so much easier later. I'm going to sit down with the sale flyers next and see if I can find anything good....

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020