Fear

I don't know much but I know this: Surgery scares me.

I'm going in for rather extensive sinus surgery tomorrow morning. Not only are they cleaning me out, but they're removing some excess tissue and buiding drainage passages.

Surgery scares me at least a bit at the best of times. This one petrifies me. They're working millimeters from my eyes and my brain. Those are kind of necessary organs - well, eyesight is lovely but ultimately optional. The brain, well, if it doesn't work properly, you don't live. Your body can function but you don't live.

All of that scares me. In spite of statistics that say 98.something% of people come out with no complications. My brain keeps traveling to the world of 'what ifs...'

But I do know something else.

Fear is not of the Lord, but of the devil. It is one of the many tools he uses to keep us from being where God wants us. It keeps us focused on something other than the Lord.

So, I cling to the Lord. To His promise that all things work out for the good of those who love Him and live in His statutes.

All will be well.

No matter what happens.

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 3, 2020