Bumpy Sunday

Today is Sunday.

Supposedly a day of rest, a day with the Lord, a day to get my ducks in a row for the rest of the week to come (mentally speaking).

This morning was one of the most mornings that just didn't go well. Got to sleep way too late (or rather early this morning) in spite of going to bed on time. Woke up with a headache and a tummy ache, which translated into a lot of time spend in the bathroom. The hose I needed for the skirt I was going to wear today had a run in them. So did the other pair. Then I stuck my finger through the 'backup' pair. So I switched to pants. Which showed too many lines. So I had to dig out the blazer that would cover them. Then I dropped and promptly lost an earring. Then the necklace that I was going to wear was broken (previously and somehow ended up back in my jewelry box). So, I missed choir warmup, almost didn't get my robe (we play musical robes due to having more people than robes), and spend half of the sermon in the bathroom again.

I was ready to throw in the towel and go back to bed.

Uff da.

Still - there are blessings.

A really good sermon on prayer, or rather "talking with God."
A coffee date this afternoon with a friend.
Six-dollars netting us 5lbs of potatoes and 12 multicolored peppers at the farmer's market (John had $ left over from his own spending money that he sacrificed for that - which was another blessing!).
Some time this evening to get a couple things knocked off my to-do list.
Some uninterruped time to spend with my hubby.

And some precious, uninterrupted time to spend in His Word and talking to the Lord.

All of that in spite of the bumpy starts.

What more can I ask for?

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 17, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 10, 2021

Frugal Things - The Month of December 2020